Exam Feedback November 2023 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Did you use Bionic Turtle's materials to study for the exam?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Update: For all exam results, please use the following new forum thread that is dedicated solely to the discussion of the November 2023 exam results. Thank you! :) https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/november-2023-exam-results-part-1-and-part-2.24626/

We hope that everyone did well on the FRM Part 1 exam! We would love to hear any feedback that you have about the exam. How did it go? Did you encounter unexpected questions? Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!

Don't forget to fill out the poll at the top of this post :)

Last edited:

Agil Zeynalli

Subscriber
Hi, @Nicole Seaman. It was almost qualitative except few questions ; a few times I used calc. I generally liked the philosophy of deep understanding behind the questions rather than assessing memorisation capability of candidate. In those questions, I found myself as risk manager in agricultural company and other industries where I need to understand how I can insure/hedge/neutralise exposures and protect company from downside risks. The common characteristics of qualitative question is that you can easily eliminate two answers but hard to choose the correct answer between remaining ones. Wording of few questions were very incomprehensible at least for non-native audience and frankly speaking I felt that I was just trying to solve critical reasoning questions from GMAT :) Most annoying part was navigation between questions. It was my first time experience with PSI and when you choose the one of options and switching to other questions then go back to the question that you answered, you need to confirm by clicking the button on the prompt window in order to change the option. Overall, it was an interesting experience

LMCKI4959

Subscriber
Thanks for this. Something felt different, but I hadn't managed to put it into exact words or checked with others to confirm my impressions.
For me it was disappointing that it had fewer calculations - memorising all those formulas was point of pride in my preparations! And calc. questions tend to leave you with a better feel of how well you performed on the test. I left this exam with no strong feelings about whether I passed or failed... I really have no idea. Also there were like two pairs of questions which were almost identical - weird.

Last edited:

JMars7424

I have no idea if I passed. I am tired of studying. At this point, I think I am over 500 hrs.
I am not convinced that the exam is fair or GARP has any idea how to construct a test

immkcdc

After all this time I finally passed the first level although I wouldn't say its a good pass. Wonder should I do Part 2 in May or give myself more time. I don't feel confident.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
After all this time I finally passed the first level although I wouldn't say its a good pass. Wonder should I do Part 2 in May or give myself more time. I don't feel confident.
Hello @immkcdc, Congratulations on passing Part 1! If you really don't feel confident about taking the exam in May, I would give yourself more time. Part 2 has a lot of content that needs to be covered, and you want to make sure that you feel fully prepared for the exam. GARP now offers an exam in August, so you wouldn't necessarily need to wait until the November exam. Either way, BT will be here to provide as much support and materials as possible! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.