Exam Feedback November 2015 Part 2 FRM Exam Feedback

dagegen

Hello
Congrats to everyone who has passed and had their experience certified by GARP
One quick question
How do you guys present the FRM on your CV?

Deepak Chitnis

Subscriber
Hi guys,
Congratulations to all who passed FRM part 2 and got certified. Can any one of you tell me how was the exam this time? Qualitative or more quantitative? Some candidates of May 2015 part 2 exam says it was more qualitative. Only 5 questions quantitative. How was it this time? How many quantitative questions asked? I am also heading for part 2 in May 2016.
Thanks a lot

abmisra

Is a certified Financial Risk Manager effective 25th January,2016:D....Congrats to all the others who received the confirmation. :)

Matthew Graves

Subscriber
Hi guys,
Congratulations to all who passed FRM part 2 and got certified. Can any one of you tell me how was the exam this time? Qualitative or more quantitative? Some candidates of May 2015 part 2 exam says it was more qualitative. Only 5 questions quantitative. How was it this time? How many quantitative questions asked? I am also heading for part 2 in May 2016.
Thanks a lot

There was certainly a lot less actual calculation than Part 1 but you still needed to know and understand the underlying mathematical relationships. For example, there were quite a few questions testing the relationships between variables:

e.g. if correlation increases would you expect a) X to decrease, Y to increase b) X to decrease, Y to decrease etc.

The short summary of what I'm saying is:
Is the exam more qualitative than Part I? Yes
Can I therefore ignore formulae and calculations? Not if you want to pass.

soubhg01

Congrats to all who have submitted their work ex and got certified !
My question is that does the work ex need to be strictly on financial risk area??

This question is relevant as I am working to find an entry in financial risk management area with FRM. So far have worked with Operational Risk tool (1 yr) and in developing consulting approach in broader M & A risk management (1 yr). Will that be good to get the certification?

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Hi,
please see: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/risk-management-related-experience.8437/#post-39503
Yes your work should involve management of financial risk in any way.If your work on Operational Risk tool involved management of financial risk then definitely i think your work qualifies to get the certification,as you cited that you were involved in M & A risk management that is i think management of financial risk therefore yes your work according to me definitely qualifies.May be David can confirm.
thanks

soubhg01

Thank you ShaktiRathore.
As you have pointed out the operation risk tool (or the GRC tool) helps in avoid & manage exceptional events and vulnerabilities among a gamut of GRC functionalities which definitely has a financial connotation - that way it is a kind of mitigation mechanisms of financial risk.
Next the M & A Risk management approach that I was working with delineates various types of risks which finally has a bearing on the synergy and hence has a financial connotation.

I will await David's response in this regard as well..Thanks.

shlobb13

How do you explain this:
Pass rate level 2 in November/2015 = 62.1%...All time high
Pass rate level 1 in November/2015 = 49.2%...almost all time high

In May 2015... both exams passing rate at almost all time low...

Your feedback...
I was very disappointed with the high pass rate for level 2, i almost feel like it takes away from some of the hard work i put into studying for the exam. I would have liked to see something below 50%

QuantMan2318

Subscriber
I was very disappointed with the high pass rate for level 2, i almost feel like it takes away from some of the hard work i put into studying for the exam. I would have liked to see something below 50%
Don't feel that way. Have a different perspective, it is highly probable that the number of test takers in November were lower than that of May and most of them were better prepared and qualified for the exam.

I can safely say that the number of test takers for part I is more than that of Part II; However, it is highly probable that the number of test takers in absolute terms might have been less for both parts, it might have been less to a greater extent for Part II and to a lower extent for Part I. I still personally feel that GARP would ensure the integrity of the qualification

Tedphy

Subscriber
I don't know how to interpret my performance analysis with pass rate. In Nov 2015, the pass rate of Examination I is 49% , does it mean if I score better than 50% in each section I would pass test?
I hope any one could shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Ted

Tedphy

Subscriber
I wonder what is the number after "Pass". I did not pass the examination and could not tell what does it mean.

S666

Subscriber
I don't know how to interpret my performance analysis with pass rate. In Nov 2015, the pass rate of Examination I is 49% , does it mean if I score better than 50% in each section I would pass test?
I hope any one could shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Ted

No this is not the correct way to interpret the "pass rate". What you have described would be the "passing score", i.e. the score needed to actually pass the test.

The "pass rate" is the % of people who passed the exam, out of the total number of people who sat for it. So if 100 people sat for the test, and 55 out of those 100 passed, the pass RATE would be 55%.

This would tell you nothing about the passing SCORE that each of those 55 people would have had to have hit to gain that pass. GARP never release the passing score.

Aenny

Subscriber
i submitted my cv in the beginning of february and got certified this week !

I want to thank @David Harper CFA FRM and @Nicole Manley not only for their preparatory materials but also for their support and want to express especially their extremely kindness and helpfullness without expressing any frustration at any time! This gives the forum the positive atttitude to studying which helps enormously!

Thank you BT-Team,
and all other members which helped me out when I missed the points.