Exam Feedback November 2015 Part 2 FRM Exam Feedback

Jo_

Subscriber
congratulations... :) what information is needed to be provided for the work experience... ? Any CV which needs to be submitted or a work ex. certificate.... ??

You need to provide the name of your supervisor and describe how you manage risk in your everyday job (basically, write a small essay describing your job & how it is relevant vs FRM). No need to submit any written certificates, contracts or whatever.

did you get an email from GARP or did you constantly check the site until you saw your status change?

I got an email - wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

When did you submit your information?

5th of jan, immediately after results were released.

HERO

I have filled the experience 2 days after the results... When will I get the GARP validation email?

samsamsam

Subscriber
Work experience has been validated by GARP, so officially certified as of today! (sooner than expected, thumbs up to GARP for the fast validation)
Congrats! Do you know if your supervisor has been contacted by GARP or not? Thanks

nickyz

Subscriber
David! Your resource is definitely the best! FRM PART 2 Passed!!! Exam problems are much harder than given in Schweser! And much trickier than GARP Practice exams! And questions are intricately formulated, even for me (I
hail from Moscow) who passed TOEFL with 102 score and have been learning english for my whole life

nickyz

Subscriber
Without you and Nicole David I could hardly approach this FRM, You are always helpful and look into the crux of the matter, so thanks a lot and continue this way, I will never forget this amazing experience of learning and practicing!

pui

Certified today!
Btw does anybody know how to notify supervisor if I didn't fill information abt my supervisor's email at first ? (Coz i hastened and didn't tick supervisor's box)

Last edited:

HERO

How do you explain this:
Pass rate level 2 in November/2015 = 62.1%...All time high
Pass rate level 1 in November/2015 = 49.2%...almost all time high

In May 2015... both exams passing rate at almost all time low...

Your feedback...

S666

Subscriber
Maybe they grade on a curve so you are in one way competing against fellow exam takers, however they may also have a score in mind that when surpassed, it results in a pass irrespective of how others have done on that specific exam.

So in Nov 2015, the population of exam takers may have been much better overall than the May 2015 population of exam takers so many more exceeded the magical passing score.

Just a theory...obviously I have little idea as to the real reason.

nickyz

Subscriber
With the help of Bionicturtle candidates become better and better prepared - this is one of explanations! The other one - exam was fair, not very sophisticated in comparison to previous exam which I also wrote and in my humble opinion it was too tricky and mazy in a sense!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@HERO On the webinar, I did try to ask you question. I rephrased your question in the text-based Q&A as the following: "One of our customers asked: the passing rates in 2015 increased from May to November (P1: 49.2% to 62.1%, and P2: 52.4% to 62.1%) by, respectively +6.2% (P1) and +9.7% (P2). Is there a reason?" but they didn't really answer this question, sorry. Here are @Nicole Manley 's terrific notes from the webinar: http://trtl.bz/1UgIuCi